Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just a Bit of Pretty

There's no real recipe to this but its so pretty I had to post it. I made it as a veggie side dish to our holiday feast. All the sparking colors made my family exclaim over its beauty and my dad at first mistook it for a fruit platter because, of course, veggies would not be so bright. There was about 1/3 of the platter left over at the end (I always make too much) when we were splitting up the Thanksgiving meal and my dad quickly muttered "you won't want to take this back" then scraped it all into a bowl and popped it into his fridge. Its very simple to make, you peel and cut a variety of veggies into about the same size, toss to coat in grapeseed oil with salt & pepper, then roast in a single layer spread out over a cookie sheet at 375F until a little shriveled and cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment