Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cheesy Challenge

This weeks challenge was cheese and boy oh boy was I excited. I am probably 25% cheese. I'd be more if coffee didn't take up so much of my physical make up and if being 25% cheese wasn't already so hard on the beach bod. I love love LOVE cheese. There are so many kinds I can't believe there's anybody who can really hate cheese, you just haven't tasted the one that's for you yet. Its incredibly versatile. You can have it hot or cold, as a flavoring or the main event in your dish, savory or sweet...there's always a place for cheese. I looked around the web for something unusual that I had never tried before with cheese and came up the adorable brazilian cheese bread. It's not like any bread roll you would normally imagine. It whips up in the blender in a jiffy like a batter and bakes into a chewy crispy savory morsel in muffin cups. Imagine a mochi, if you've ever had one, inside of a crisp crust and with the flavors of cheese and garlic blended in you won't want to reach for any butter. It looks plane jane boring white and unimpressively small but it will taste sinfully rich as is.


Brazilian Cheese Bread


1 egg
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
170 grams tapioca flour
66 grams grated cheese (use any kind you like, I used low fat shredded mexican blend)
1/2 tsp of salt (or more to taste)
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until mixed. Simple! Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until bread has puffed up and is slightly golden. It will deflate a bit after removal from oven but have no fear, it tastes just as good. Best served warm. You can save the left over batter for baking the next day if you think you have too many. How great it that? I bake a few at a time as needed in the toaster oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment